Sunday, January 13, 2013

Rosemary & Lemon Roasted Chicken

Oh man...this roasted chicken is amazing.  I found and tried this recipe (originally titled Sunday's best chicken) several years ago and we adored it!  At the time, my husband, Jason, proclaimed it to be the best meal I had ever made.  And it definitely was.  For some reason though, this little beauty was tucked deep inside my recipe binder, untouched and unmade again until today.  Boy have we been missing out!  The lemon and rosemary combine together to make a delightful, yet subtle flavor, and the chicken is tender and moist.  We all loved it!  This recipe will not be tucked away any longer.  This baby is definitely going into our Sunday dinner rotation!

Rosemary & Lemon Roasted Chicken

2 to 3 medium lemons
2 fresh rosemary sprigs
1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)  Mine was just over 5 and it worked lovely
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 Tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
1 Tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons salt

Finely grate the peel from the lemons to measure 2 Tbsp and set aside.  Coarsely chop 2 lemons.  Place chopped lemons and rosemary sprigs in the chicken cavity.

Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.  Brush with oil.  Combine the minced rosemary, pepper, salt, and lemon peel.  Rub over the chicken.

Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180 degrees, basting occasional with drippings.  Cover loosely with foil if the chicken browns too quickly...Mine did not though.

Let chicken stand for 15 minutes before carving.  Discard lemons and rosemary sprigs.

Recipe Source:  Taste of Home December/January 2010

I linked up:
Foodie Friends Friday
Chef in Training
Lil\'Luna

10 comments:

  1. i love roasted chicken. this looks awesome. love you blog heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! I have tons of Meyer lemons from my Sister-in-Law. I was just thinking I wanted to make some kind of savory dish with them. (I'm making bundt cake with them right now.) Pinning this to make next week.
    Thanks!
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't made a roasted chicken for along time and this sounds super. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and I hope you will join us this coming week. Newest follower now.
    http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. In faсt nο matter if someone doeѕn't understand after that its up to other people that they will assist, so here it takes place.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post ... buy hcg injections
    Also see my web site > hcg weight loss forum

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read every single comment and I really appreciate them! Thanks for taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...