Friday, April 19, 2013

Marsala Pork Chops


This recipe is a good one!  I love these pork chops!  However, I probably should have changed the name to something else.  The original recipe called for Marsala wine, but I don't keep wine on hand, so I improvised and adapted the recipe slightly to what I had.  Yep, I pushed the marsala right on out of there.  But I couldn't think of a better name...so Marsala it is, but isn't...get it?!  Good.  Name aside, this is a truly delicious meal.  It has only been the last few years that I have discovered a deep love of onions and this meal definitely caters to that taste.  If you love onions and garlic, you will adore this meal.  If you don't...well skip over this one and I'll have something for you non-onion lovers in the next few days!  

Marsala Pork Chops

1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
4 pork loin chops (the original recipe says bone-in, I use boneless)
3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
3 medium onions, thinly sliced
6 garlic cloves minced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon peper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cold butter cubed
Hot cooked egg noodles

Place bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag.  Add pork chops, one at a time and shake to coat.  In a large skillet, cook pork chops in 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.  Remove and keep warm.

In the same skillet, sauté onions in remaining oil until tender.  Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer.  Add the chicken broth, pepper and salt, stirring to loosen browned bits from the pan.  Cook, stirring occasionally until liquid is nearly evaporated.  Stir in butter until melted.  Serve over pork chops and noodles.

Recipe Source:  Adapted slightly from Taste of Home
I link up at these parties!

2 comments:

  1. How fabulous is that? I have everything on hand to make this. I know what I'm having this week....Thank you for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great recipe! Thanks for linking up at Pint Sized Baker's Two Cup Tuesday Party! I've pinned this! I hope to see you again on Monday Night!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read every single comment and I really appreciate them! Thanks for taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...