Thursday, February 7, 2013

Strawberry Creme Pudding Cookies

As mentioned in my last post for the Strawberry Cream Pie, I am sharing 2 more amazing and perfect for Valentine's Day desserts this week.  Before I get started on the recipe for these sweet little cookies, I must first publicly acknowledge the atrocity of these pictures.  I was off my game that day...big time.  I tried about a million different set-ups (poses doesn't seem like the right word when you are talking about cookies), but I just couldn't get the lighting (or anything) right with these!  It was putting my frustration level at an incredible high.  Now, I understand there is a an easy fix to that...make the cookies again and start over with the photo shoot.  Here's the deal...I can't make these again...because I don't think my hips and thighs can take another inhalation of a second batch.  That is right...I ate almost the whole entire batch of these cookies!  They were so amazingly delicious that I could not stop eating them!  I had made 2 small bags to give to some friends, but only one made it out the door that first day.  The second bag sat on my counter for another day and since my stash was gone and I was still feeling the intense need to eat these, I opened that up and ate those too!  Seriously.  I have problems.  So you see, I cannot make these again, because I will eat them...all of them.  Pudding cookies are my new favorite thing.  I had never used a box of pudding in cookies before, but after trying some several weeks ago, I have been thinking of lots of new combinations, and when I saw Strawberry Creme pudding at the grocery store, I knew I wanted to create a cookie utilizing it.  My most favorite type of chocolate is white, so it was a no brainer that I would throw some of that in there.  I thought these were just delightful!  I think you should make these, and I believe that  if you do make them, you just might excuse me for my sub-par pictures.
Strawberry Creme Pudding Cookies
*I added a few drops of red food coloring to my cookie dough.  I was hoping that the pudding itself would give the cookies an intense pink color...it didn't.  The food coloring didn't give it that either, but it did help them to be a little more on the pink side...still not what I was going for, but the taste was, so I figured that was okay.  So play with the color as much or as little as you would like.

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 sugar
2 eggs
3.4 ounce package instant Strawberry Creme pudding
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups white chocolate chips

 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper, baking mat or by spraying it with cooking spray.  In a medium size bowl, or in the bowl of a stand-mixer, combine butter and sugars.  Mix until creamy.  Add in the eggs, vanilla and pudding and mix until well combined.  If you want to add food coloring, add it at this point and mix.  In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk together and then add it to the pudding mixture.  Mix until the ingredients are combined.  Fold in the white chocolate chips.  Drop the dough by rounded tablespoon onto the prepared pan.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set.  Let cookies cool on the pan for several minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.

Recipe Source:  Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod 

12 comments:

  1. Just saw these over at A Silly Girls Life link party and had to come over and check them out! I'm on such a pudding kick right now, lol! These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, these look good! I better print this off and try it myself! Found you from Best Blog Recipes link party! Your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And just a heads up, if you did print this off, the earlier version said that you need strawberry creme jello. It wasn't until my friend brought it to my attention, that I even realized it! I'm sorry about that! Thanks for becoming a follower!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing at Super Saturday Show & Tell today... this looks amazing!! xoxo~ Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cookies look so good! And pretty too. :) Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fabulous, I can't wait to try them out!

    http://practicalfrugality.com/homemade-valentines-cookies-dream-vs-reality/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea to make cookies with pudding! I just bought some oreo pudding that might be fun to use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum-o! I'd love for you to come link this up at my Tuesday Time Out!
    Melanie Reasons To Skip The Housework

    ReplyDelete
  8. Could you tell me what brand makes the pudding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It is Jello brand. I have found it multiple times at different Walmarts. I hope you find some!

      Delete
  9. Your photo story cracked me up because I have those same issues every other day, lol!

    Thanks for linking these yummy little cookies up at my link party @The Weekend re-Treat

    I hope to see you again this weekend. The party starts late tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's 1247am here abd it's my husband's bday he loves strawberry desserts so I think he might enjoy these BTW they look absolutely delicious

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read every single comment and I really appreciate them! Thanks for taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...