Sunday, March 17, 2013

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Mousse Cheesecake

Are you looking for a crazy, decadent, over-the-top in deliciousness, dessert?  Well then look no further.  Seriously.  I have you covered right here.  This cheesecake is heaven.  I am a lover of all things  peanut butter and chocolate (who isn't though, right?!), so this was right up my alley.  You know, when my husband and I were dating, he claimed to be a hater of cheesecake.  I thought he was completely nuts and it was almost a deal breaker for me.  I mean, how could I be with someone who wouldn't share a slice of cheesecake with me?!  Thankfully, I have since converted him (yeah, I'm taking credit for it) and he now loves it...as long as it is high quality and totally rich.  And let me tell you, he loved this!  He even had a piece for his after-church snack today and he does NOT do left overs of any kind!  My favorite part was the peanut butter mousse.  It balanced perfectly with the rich chocolate and ganache layers to create a little bit of heaven in every bite.  Make this as soon as you can, but make sure you have someone to share it with...and maybe a tall glass of milk.  This is insanely delicious!  You will love it!

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Mousse Cheesecake

1-1/2 cups chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs (like Oreos)
1/4 cup butter, melted

Mousse Layers
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
5 ounces cream cheese softened
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
1-1/4 cups heavy cream, whipped, divided
5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 milk chocolate candy bar (3.5 ounce), chopped
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Ganache
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2/3 heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter.  Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan.  In a bowl, beat the peanut butter, cream cheese and butter until smooth.  Add confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth.  With a spatula, fold in 1-1/4 cups of the whipped cream.  Spread over crust.

Place bittersweet and milk chocolate in a bowl.  In a small saucepan, bring sugar and milk just to a boil.  Pour over chocolate and whisk until smooth.  Stir in vanilla.  Cool to room temperature.  Gently fold in remaining whipped cream.  Spread over peanut butter layer.  Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.  

For ganache, place chocolate in a bowl.  In a small saucepan, bring heavy cream just to a boil.  Pour over chocolate and whisk until smooth.  Stir in vanilla.  Cool to reach spreading consistency, stirring occasionally.  Spread over cheesecake.  Refrigerate until set.  With a knife, loosen cheesecake from the springform pan and remove rim.  Serve.  Refrigerate leftovers.

Recipe Source:  Adapted from Taste of Home

 I am sharing this recipe at these great link parties!

32 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering and I really wish I could just grab this out of the computer screen and take a bite! Yum! I pinned it for later! Julia @ www.juliakendrick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love chocolate and this looks dreamy~!!
    I found you today at the Craft-o-maniac Linky. I hope you can stop by my blog and leave a comment, too!
    ~ Megin of Vmg206
    www.vmg206.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicious! Pinned to try later..new reader, your site is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! I didn't think I liked cheesecake either until I realized that it was graham cracker crust that I didn't like. Since then I used vanilla wafers instead and yummm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Vanilla Wafers and have never thought of using them for a crust! That's genius! Thanks for the great idea!

      Delete
  5. This would make a perfect midnight snack...mmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG. Peanut butter and chocolate is the perfect combination. I can't wait to try these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! There really is nothing better than peanut butter and chocolate! Thank you for coming by!

      Delete
  7. Oh my....this looks sinfully delicious! I love chocolate and peanut butter! I cannot wait to try this:) Thanks for sharing- I am pinning this:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chocolate and peanut butter is one of my favorites and this looks perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing! I don't think it gets better than chocolate plus peanut butter. I'll be pinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Peanut butter and chocolate are my favorite combination! Thanks for stopping by and for pinning!

      Delete
  10. This looks fantastic! So creamy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad you converted your husband! Cheesecake is the best! I am not a good person like you are - I don't think I would share one little piece of this!

    Thank you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen link party! I look forward to seeing what you bring next week.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheesecake making is my dessert go to! I must try this ASAP!

    xoxo
    A-
    Latest Post: $40 Ella Lane Boutique Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, nothing about this recipe looks unsophisticated! :D chocolate and cheesecake? YUM!

    So glad I found your blog; i found you on a linkyparty!

    Robin !

    www.typeabaker.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously I am in love with this Cheesecake! Like love at first sight! I found this yummy post on I'm Loving it Friday's!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds so delicious. I hope you will consider linking it up to the Pinworthy Projects Party over at my blog, Just Us Four.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The texture on that pie looks absolutely mouth watering! I would love for you to share this & any other recipes at my link party: http://dessertnowdinnerlater.blogspot.com/2013/03/sweet-savory-saturdays-5.html

    I hope to see you there!
    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My brother was an adult before he would eat cheesecake because he never believed us when we said there wasn't cheese in it. But I think even he would eat this - it looks amazing!

    --Katie @Simply Clean Living

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks great! I totally want some of the pie NOW! Thanks for sharing these at Two Cup Tuesday at Pint Sized Baker.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks sooo delicious!
    Thanks so much for linking up at Real Family Fun.
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  20. O my gosh yummmmm!!! This looks delicious! I would love if you would share this over at our blog hop http://www.ablossominglife.com/2013/03/frugal-crafty-home-blog-hop-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. That looks so sinful! Thank you for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks sooo yummy! I might have to pin for making later. TFS!
    I visiting from Monday Funday. I hope you can stop by my blog and leave a comment and Link Up!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    www.vmg206.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh that looks so good! love that you put "refrigerate leftovers"! that wouldn't need to be considered in my house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just stopping by to let you know you were featured at Super Saturday Show & Tell this week! Come grab a button http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com AND party again with me :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read every single comment and I really appreciate them! Thanks for taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...