Sunday, May 19, 2013

Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin

I present to you my very favorite dinner!  Seriously, there are a great many meals that I love, but this my friends, is the best.  I even chose this for my Mother's Day meal!  My husband, Jason, is a beef kind of guy.  He will pick beef any day, over the best ever pork meal.  But even he loved this!  Every last piece of roast was devoured.  And to add to its appeal, the pork is cooked in the slow cooker!  Easy and delicious!  I encourage you to make this..and soon!  

Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin

Pork:
2 pound boneless pork loin roast, trimmed of large fat pockets
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 clove of garlic, finely minced
1/2 cup water

Glaze:
1/2 cup brown sugar, light or dark
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 Tablespoons soy sauce

In a small bowl, combine the sage, salt, pepper and minced garlic.  Rub the spices all over the roast and place it in the slow cooker.  Pour 1/2 cup water into the slow cooker.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Near the end of the cooking time for the roast, combine the ingredients for the glaze in a small saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil.  Reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer, stirring occasionally, until it thickens.  Remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred.  Place on a platter or plate and drizzle the glaze over the pork.  Serve.

Recipe Source:  Mel's Kitchen Cafe

This recipe is linked up at these great parties!

7 comments:

  1. Heather I am so glad I found your blog!! You have some amazing recipes I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day! LOVE your recipe, TRUE!
    Love the staging of your photo...beautiful too!
    Cheers! Joanne
    What's On The List
    http://www.whatsonthelist.net
    Foodie Friends Friday Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your balsamic glazed pork loin is calling my name. I am also now your newest FB Fan
    Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday
    Your co host from Nosh My Way

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious. Cannot wait to make this one. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yum! I can't wait to try this. One of our favorites is a balsamic glazed pork chop, but it's pretty labor intensive...deglazing the pan after browning chops, reducing the balsamic while constantly stirring, etc. This seems like it has similar flavors without me standing over a hot pan for a half hour! Pinning it now!

    Christy @ Creating a Beautiful Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my... that looks delicious! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Monday Funday!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read every single comment and I really appreciate them! Thanks for taking the time to comment! Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...